View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Greg Jones

Default Fuel Pressure Regulator

I put a cheap import fuel pressure regulator in my 54 Ford with a 292 and a teapot Holley 4000 carb. I had installed a new Airtex fuel pump which pumped VASTLY too high of a pressure to the carb. The cheap import regulator has a tag on it that I overlooked saying "do not exceed 7 psi" which of course I did, and it blew out blowing fuel all over the engine compartment. Amazing I don't have a "flaming Ford" story to tell....I removed the fuel pump and put the old one back in, but it still pumps too much pressure. I am looking for a quality regulator that I can dial down to say 3-4 psig but can handle a pretty good input pressure. Haven't measured the output of the old fuel pump.

Anyway, I have been searching NAPA and the usual suspects for in-line, add-on regulators and find myself bewildered. Any recommendations?

I am new to the V8 world, believe it or not, and have restored Model T's and Model A's but never took on a "modern car." So excuse my general lack of knowledge of more modern automotive systems. I am used to gravity feed fuel systems, after all....thanks.
Greg Jones is offline   Reply With Quote