View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 11:15 PM   #187
petehoovie

Default Re: My new 1939 Sedan Delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHRsc View Post
I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seat for years waiting for an update.... well I'm happy to say that this old girl has finally been brought back to life and made its first trip on the road in 75 years, a few days ago.

I still have a long list of things to get done on it but as I've mentioned over the years, I'm shooting to drive it to Hershey. If all goes well it seems like this might actually be the year for it!!

I now have 2-year-old twins, a new 147-year-old house and barn and a few extra acres to maintain. I just made up my mind in the past few months that it was time that this delivery got the attention it has deserved for years. I put a 59AB engine in it temporarily but I have some other plans with some interesting parts that hopefully can all work out over the winter. I've stuck with the plan to not use anything on it that couldn't have been found in 1948 or earlier which is the last that this was driven.

Anyways, just figured I'd post an update.
Thanks
Zach

These kids are sooo neat!!! Great pictures!!!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote