View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
quickchange

Default Re: Clothes Pins On Fuel Line

I have a custmer with 28 roadster that has had a problem for past few years, (a female) Carb & electrics fully rebuilt , The problem is she starts up, heads down the hiway & after about 7 miles the vehicle drops onto 2-3 cly,s, by stopping turning the engine off for a short time ,then fires up ,runs on 4 with no problem , I suggested the two wooden clothes pegs on the fuel line, Well this morning she turns up from a 50 mile trip sining my praises, for the 1st time it never did it , ??? On inspection it has a short steel pipe from the sediment bowl to a rubber hose , then another filter onto rubber hose & back to steel line as it enters the carb, I beleive the problem is the fuel line & it gets a vapour lock, the line as it enters the carb has a tight bend which brings it closer to the heat source, She is about to head off on a long tour so gave her an original fuel line & instructed her to take the micky mouse line she has on it off, BUT keep the clothes pegs on ,?Why well if they don,t work she can always use them to hold the washing out while on tour. Besides two must be better than one ? I expect a report after the tour as to the vapour lock problem , Thats my 2 pegs worth,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote