View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Clothes Pins On Fuel Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehc View Post
Heard about this from a fella at a local show , and wondered if you guys had ever heard of it , and if you thought there was any merit to it .
Was looking at the engine of an "A" , and noticed that there were about five , "wooden clothes pins " , clipped to the gas line just ahead of the fitting in the carb . Asked the guy why , and he said that he was having trouble with it stalling on him after driving short distances and couldnt figure out why . Then he remembered his Grandpa doing it with his car back in the day , saying it drawed heat away from the fuel line .
He said he hasent had the problem since putting them on . ??? I enjoy hereing these old remides , whether they work or not .
I always thought the clothes pins were supposed to be wet to dissipate the heat from the fuel line.

The topic about the engine stalling has been argued to the hilt here in the past as to whether 'vapor lock' is the cause for this. Interesting reading if you are a by-stander IMHO!! Some (-me included) feel like a good chassis & body ground, along with engine pans will usually cure this problem.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)