View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #38
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: 12 volt conversion

The reason that I change over to 12 volts is not for high draw accessories . I change for the ease of finding 12 volt components such as readily available 12 volt batteries . I use the 12 volt can style voltage regulator from Fun Projects . I set the adjustable brush in the generator for a maximum charge rate of 10 amps . Ten amps is more than enough to run an original type system . I don't need to change over to negative ground so no wires need to be changed.. I use the 12 volt 35 watt halogen bulbs that fit the original sockets . These bulbs are brighter than the original bulbs but not as powerful as the 55-60 watt halogen bulbs that require an alternator and different sockets . This setup looks original unless the battery is seen . Lower amp draw will remove a lot of heat and strain on the electrical system components for longer life and service . For the model A experience , I don't need an air condition or radio . I don't use mine for regular transportation and they are only fun cars . I enjoy the music that my engine makes . If I want all of the modern accessories I will go in the modern car . That is just me and how and why I convert to twelve volts . Its an easy conversion and its still model A with upgrades that don't show .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote