View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 10:16 PM   #303
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

They unscrew very easily so I cooked the heads to a glowing red and drove em back contented. Dang, now I'm getting limericks in my head. There was an old Geezer from Orcas......

I know to some this is not a proper restoration, and I agree wholeheartedly. It's just fixing up an old truck to be safe and reliable and serviceable without looking like much was done to it (if anything). As noted by reading this thread, most everything of importance was addressed from engine, radiator, hydraulics, kingpins, carb, ignition, lots of welding and fab work. Etc. That's why I post this stuff, because most build threads are all about making an old vehicle like brand new again. About 40 years ago I did that with a David Bradley walk behind tractor and I kicked myself over it many times. Years ago I came up with an analogy of 'After my carhart shop coat got faded and scuffed up from years of work, would I go pick up some rit dye and turn it back to dark brown and then iron it before going into town.?..... End of rant. Should have stuck to limericks! Stay tuned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bedwood goldscrews.jpg (149.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg bedwood bedstrips 1.jpg (145.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg bedwood bedstrips 2.jpg (139.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg bedwood bestrips 3.jpg (153.5 KB, 46 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 05-30-2022 at 10:31 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote