View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

MIKE, no afraid not, still in garage unwashed today, have not cleaned up but will tomorrow and wipe down with some Gibbs oil if I can find a can I had. I need to find some of those old plastic seat covers that were period correct. ( like your grandmaw had on her couch ) I am going to get running first. I did remove the carburetor today and it has the Zephyr symbol on bowl. Also removed the coil and found that one of the carbon tips is missing, do not know if it fell off as I gentle lifted off distributor or it went bad over the years. The distributor caps are stuck in the sides of distributor, now I will have to remove generator and spark plug looms to get everything out together so I can tap with wood to un stick. Then I will have to sand down caps so they will go back together. (old material swells) Need to have carb rebuild ( rubber products ), fuel pump for new fuel, and coil. Need suggestions for all three again, bubba? Henry? who is still out there? I am working now on trying to get plug out of gas tank, looks like I might have to fill with water and drill to remove plug from underneath. Is there a plate in floor of trunk for tank sending unit? Locksmith did not come today, need trunk open! Also, intake gasket, after I take spark plug looms off I am going to take intake off and look at valley and oil up everything before I start. Will look at brake master cylinder soon. thanks Bruce
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote