View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #116
G.M.

Default Re: Vapor lock 1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimTN View Post
VP exists! GM, when you have would up your experiments and have a successful go, would you please post a diagram, pics and bill of materials. I truly appreciate your efforts.
Thank you Jim, The only thing I have to refine is the ID of the return or a drilled orfice in the return line. I think the fuel pressure is just a little low with the .130 ID of the return line controlling the fuel pressure. I had a little incident Friday when it was a little over 90 and driving for an hour or so I stopped with the black car sitting in the sun with the hood closed for 1/2 hour. Came out and started it and it took about 4 turns of the engine, went about 100 yards and it stopped running. I kept it rolling in gear, flicked the switch off and on with no change. Pumped on the pedal and it came back to life. I guess the whole thing lasted about 50 feet. Ran fairly good about 3 miles back to the shop where I pulled it in the garage and checked the fuel pressure which was down to 1 lb. Engine was about 190. I want to look at it Monday and see what the fuel pressure is cold and boost it up some with an orfice in the return. I'll completely block the return first to see how the pump is. I have pictures and will provide a list
of parts after I test it. I put a NEW LR wheel cylinder Thursday morning and Friday it started leaking, this is the second foreign one to leak. G.M.