View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #85
Old Henry

Default Re: Vapor lock 1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.M. View Post
READ my post it's titled V1-1 and VL-2. Vl-1 was the fuel boiling in the carb after shut down. I posted this was no longer a problem with Shewman's 1/2" ventilated carb space, VL-1 over and done.
VL-2 was fuel vaporizing in the fuel pump when the fuel pump gets between 130 and 135 at the top above the diaphragm where the fuel is.
Driving the car, getting it hot and letting it sit in no difference than getting it even hotter in the garage and letting it set for a period of time and restarting. I will be driving it later this week and will report back but the results will be the same as last nights findings. Static tests on some problems are sometimes better than driving, the conditions are controlled and the same each time. G.M.
Be sure that your driving test is under the same circumstances as previous ones in which you have had vapor lock affect the fuel pump that either made it hard to start or die shortly after starting then not starting again. Any difference in circumstances between the new test drive and previous drives with vapor lock will not be a "controlled" test that proves anything.