View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #72
spectria

Send a message via AIM to spectria
Default Re: Lets see your 36 Fords !

Here is one I worked on summer of 2010, belongs to a fellow who rejects the internet. I found he couldn't drive it because the battery wouldn't crank it over (still 6 volts) and his expert buddies told him it had some sort of voltage draw in the dash wiring killing the battery. They even installed a Battery cutoff and that didn't change a thing. After 3 years of talking to the old fellow, I finally got him to let me run a couple tests. After fully charging the Battery, one single crank revolution and then nothing. I did a voltage drop test on the wire from Starter to Frame and got a 1.5 volt drop. I ran a temp Main Cable from the Starter bolt directly to the Battery, and it cranked like a dream, every time. I even left the Battery cut-out ON over 3 days, and when I came back over to his place, he got in the car reached over to turn it on and I stopped him and said it's been on for 3 days, lets see if it cranks, and it did, perfectly. So I then flushed the cooling system, and replaced the main fuel line that ran right over the Exhaust Pipe in the old battery box, did some brake work, re-doing work that some goof-ball did wrong (it was converted to juice brakes), rebuilt his Master cylinder and replaced the rear wheel cylinders, changed the brake shoe positions so primary and secondary shoes were in the correct position, (they were backwards...), Replaced a completely plugged Left Front Brake flex that allowed for rapid Right Turns without steering wheel assist. He is pretty happy now.

http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/u...0Ford%20Coupe/

Last edited by spectria; 02-15-2011 at 02:03 AM.
spectria is offline   Reply With Quote