Thread: Finally done
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #15
dan

Default Re: Finally done

Thanks to all...

I currently don't have plans to move back to California. I'm still working for my employer there (a large software company) from my home office and the cost of living and pace of life here is much more suited to raising three kids (8, 10, and 13). In this rural area of Kansas it's like living about 40 years in the past, which has definite advantages. Obviously I make more money doing software than I could as a restorer, so I'm not thinking to switch careers. Of course, who knows exactly what the future holds...

In the short term, I do plan to buy another A and use what I've learned to fix it up and keep it running. I should know enough now to be able to make the hobby a lot more enjoyable/affordable. And several of the professors have mentioned that they'd be happy to offer advice and assistance when I get my next car.

Long term, I've thought about writing a book that would be a complete tear-down of a Model A to "no two parts attached" and then reassembly with plenty of photos and exploded diagrams. While the currently available books are good, I think I might be able to do better as I'm a trained technical writer and illustrator. But that's not something I'd be ready to tackle immediately. And it's more of a possibility than a concrete plan.

Anyway, thanks again to all who replied. I'm looking forward to buying a car and being a contributor here at Ford Barn again.
dan is offline   Reply With Quote