View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #15
rotorwrench

Default Re: 8BA Flywheel/Clutch....I've Read TOO Much

That's why I'd use a rotary index table myself if I had one. Those things are expensive but they solve the radius problem and have lugs to clamp them to the mill table. A person can go right to the thousandths of an inch category.

I think the jig could be made to work OK but a person would have to draw it out properly on paper to get the radius in there from the center point of the pilot opening on the flywheel. Start with drawing the inner & outer circles with a compass off a center point. Draw out the radial lines at the proper degree of arc for each and then mark the centers on the intersection of the radials with the inner & outer circles. Technically there is a straight line between the centers of the new and original holes but not in the design factor. The straight intersecting line would be an afterthought. We are dealing with tight measurements too. Fractions are OK but it should be thousandths of an inch to be closer. It would suck to have to file the holes to center them up before reaming and tapping the bolt holes.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote