View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
Frank Miller

Default Great northern route 2

Driving this route to Washington on my way to the WNM. I have written a blurb about the first day. Will try and put up pics when I get better Internet.

I left at 6 this morning and got 14 miles away to remember I forgot my laptop with the camera in it. So an hour behind but I drove 122 to 2, took some back roads and drove rt5 north along the Connecticut river up to st Johnsbury VT. From there I picked up 2 west over to lake Champlain and basically up through the middle of it until i hit the Canadian boarder. Figured I would get the other side of Montreal and call it a night.
Unfortunately traffic was worse than expected and it took me longer than I planned. I pretty much hate driving through cities and this was the worse with signs in a language foreign to me. Needless to say I made it but had to deviate a bit. I am now on route 148 in Lachute, Quebec at a hotel that works for 70 dollars cash. The lady spoke good English so that was a plus. It will be a bit of a ride but hope to make it to Sault St Marie tomorrow.