Thread: Model A CRASH??
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #39
Keith True

Default Re: Model A CRASH??

If you look at the fatalities now,and the fatalities then you can really how much safer we are now with the faster cars,heavier trucks,cell phones,texting,GPS,CD players,etc.I have a few old state inspection stickers I've collected over the years.In the late 30's N.H.would put the amount of fatalities for the previous year on the back of the sticker.In 38 or 39 the sticker reads 102 fatalities for the previous year.That was for a fraction of the cars we have on the road now.And it was done with slower,low distraction cars.The distractions now are scaring me.I see it on a daily basis.I watched a fellow a few days ago stop on main street while talking on the phone,then hit the gas and blow right through the stop sign a quarter mile away.He acted like he was on a clear road.Never even knew it was there.A local cop saw it and went after him.He later told us that he followed him with the lights on and blipping the siren for nearly two miles before the guy noticed him and hung the phone up.He was a half mile into the next town before he got him stopped.That guy didn't get any kind of a break.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote