View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #6
cabrioletgalaxie

Default Re: 1947 convertible radio antenna

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thanks for the response thus far. I do own the 41-48 Ford book and have found it very helpful. I did notice the cowl antenna mount.
My antenna is mounted through the center strip between the windshields. It comes through the the lower portion of the chrome plated windshield hold down. The hole in that hold down is neat and has a surrounding ridge around it which looks factory correct, in other words it doesn't seem like someone just drilled a hole and stuck the antenna through it.
The hold down bail goes right over the knob and there is clearance so that one can turn the knob and raise the antenna. It seems this hold down for the convertible top was made to accommodate the antenna which leaves me a bit confused.
So the car has a great paint work and the inside garnish moulding is grained properly. I would have to make repairs to both if I took the antenna out and replaced it with one on the cowl. And then there would be the top, center hold down hole to deal with.
Any thoughts?
So I will again attempt to remove the small set screw on the outside of the antenna base and see if that antenna pulls out. I would take the whole thing off but the inside knob is stuck in place. Again, not sure I want to force it but if someone can confirm it is just a pressure fit I will try again.
Thanks.
cabrioletgalaxie is offline   Reply With Quote