View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
Flathead Fever

Default Re: 1934 Pickup Fuel Tank Removal Query

I stuck a tank in a few months back just to fit everything together. I bought this truck completely disassembled. I don't think you could get the bed off without removing the filler neck and I couldn't get the tank in with the filler neck on. I jacked up the bed with two muffler screw jacks. The bed was bolted down, it was just sitting on the frame so it was no big deal.

What do you guys use to remove the filler neck? Is there a spanner wrench available? Did K.R. Wilson make a tool for this? I don't want to mess it all up pounding on it with a hammer and punch or a pipe wrench. How hard are they to get out, are they rusted together?

See those four arms coming off that hoist. Those have replaced all my friends! No more having to beg people to help come over and lift off bodies.

It sounds like your planning on going back to the original liquid filled gauge. I don't know of any reproduction steel lines available for the '34 pickup. I'm in the same boat, I'll need to make new lines for my '34 pickup too. It takes a little practice to get the bends exactly where you want them. If you need to flare the tubing just make sure to put the nut on first. I made the perfect flared end and was so proud of myself. The bends in the line were perfect. Then I looked down and saw the nut for the flare still on the bench. Another mistake I will never make again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4071 - Copy.jpg (41.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4027 - Copy.jpg (74.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4074 - Copy.jpg (67.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4042 - Copy.jpg (66.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4037 - Copy.jpg (70.2 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Flathead Fever; 01-26-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Flathead Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)