View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #13
37coop

Default Re: Only took $5 & 10 mins too.... 1950 Ford F1

well my 51 f1 was imported from Illinois last march , an ebay buy and the ad said , runs good drive ,anywhere ,I asked a few questions by email and got positive answers so I bought it and shipped it over, well it looked as good as the photos but wouldn't start so it was pushed off the trailer and into my garage .after some looking it wouldn't start because its on a 12 volt electric pump pushing 9 pounds and of course gas pouring out of the carb,when we pushed it off the trailer it only just stopped ,no handbrake for years I reckon ,it was gummed up and jammed solid ,the front brake hoses had collapsed and the cylinders gummed up solid ,the rear brakes just about worked , to cut a long story short I have been working on it almost daily up to now , on the back end of it hopefully ,I,v had the engine rebuilt, replacement gearbox,all new brakes , steering ,king pins ,spring shackles ,rewire ,and much more, hopefully it will be on the road by spring and looking forward to enjoying it ,I,v got to say its been a chore with problems all the way,the barn has been a lifesaver, on the other side of the coin, 15 years ago I imported a 50 f1 from florida ,a lovely truck which needed nothing ,sadly after a couple of years I had to sell it for financial reasons , always regretted I had to do that .......trucks ,I love em , thanks jim.
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote