View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 04:41 PM   #27
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Is this rumour correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
This is the time to speak up to the National Officers of each club and voice your opinion on what you would like to see, and or not see, in a club magizine such as The Restorer and Model A News. Granted all articles will not be meant for everyone, just as they are now. But it is going to take not just this very small minority but everyone involved in this hobby....But, that will be the day!

I would like to see a graph of just how MARC and MAFCA, membership wise, have been fairing over that last 20-30 years or so. I think the clubs are afraid to say one way or the other. I do not know if that information can be got out of the clubs yearly reports or not...I amigine it is...I do not know.

Pluck

The MARC club I am in is also concerned, lost 20% of membership this last year at membership dues renewal. Do not think these members ever came to a meeting or activity though. My club is setting up a committee to see if anything can be done. The club is centered around social activities, monthly meetings, meets, shows, and of course a monthly get together at a place to eat. No technical/mechanical to speak of.

I have fears that with no activates/meetings for months due to Covid, will lose more people. It was nice to have things to go to, an excuse to go for a little group trip to where I had not been before.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote