View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #56
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Shop led lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38bill View Post
I have the old style 8' double strip fluorescent light fixtures in my shop. I upgraded to LED's about a year ago using these bulbs from Menards. They are great, instant start no matter how cold, very bright, cheap and a nice color. If your fixtures already have electronic ballasts they are a direct swap for the old fluorescent bulbs. I had to upgrade my old ballasts for about $20 per fixture so the total cost with bulbs was around $40 per fixture. I see that they are on sale with a rebate now for only $5 a bulb. Think I'll pick up a couple more.

https://www.menards.com/main/electri...1267826&ipos=1
That's odd that those require a ballast. Most conversion bulbs do NOT require a ballast at all. It is completely bypassed. You snip the wires to the ballast, and simply hook the black 120 V wire to one end of the bulb, and the white to the other.
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote