View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #7
wingski

Default Re: To a or not to a

Thank you, I really appreciate your comments. I think the biggest problem that I’m running into is this. As a kid, I was given a little information and left to do things on my own. Because of that I never develped good working with others skills. I had to do it own my own, and all the mistakes were mine and nobdy else’s. When I started working with others, it seemed that nobody wanted to take the blame for doing something wrong. I hated that and still do. A simple “yes, I screwed up” instead of “not me, it had to be Joe” was an attitude that I ran into while working with others. Not always, but, by far, the majority of the time.

I’m a loner by choice. That blows my mind because I love to talk, I just don’t love to be around people. You can tell by my long-winded texts that I have a lot to say. However, because of my horrible hearing and lack of patience, I am not the best listener, and my wife says I’m the worst passenger in the world.

Now, to the point. I live a long ways away from others in my model A club, and I don’t and can’t expect them to drive upteen miles to help me with something as easy as getting my model A started and running right. I am unable mentally to ask for help because I’ve done things on my own all my life. I don’t know if it’s ego or just stubborness that makes me that way, but that’s how I am and it’s too late to change something as basic as that.

One of you commented that it sounded like I want to sell the cabriolet. No way! I would trade it for a tudor with modern running gear, but selling it is something I’m not sure I could do. I now have several vehicles that are not for sale because money can’t buy them. They are worth more than money because of all the love and time I have invested in them. They are a major part of me, and I’ve made the mistake of letting things like that go in the past. I really miss my ’55 MG TF 1500, my ’34 Ford cabriolet, my ’56 Austin Healy with the Corvette in it, and too many others to mention.

The thing that is bothering me the most is that I feel that my “29 could have a better home. One where the owner is wealthy enough not to have to worry about the cost of a paint job. One where the owner loves all the weird things about a car that is really a prototype of what was to come. And one who doesn’t bitch about not being able to get his feet into the car.

I don’t know if any of this is helping any of you understand what I’m experiencing, but I’m trying my damnest to let you know and help me out if possible. Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote