View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #6
Kevin in NJ

Default Re: To a or not to a

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The cabriolet is unique when compared to the other A's, but that is only the body. If there is nothing wrong with it, that is do you have rotted wood now? If no then the body is likely to be fine for the next 100 years if it is kept inside.

As for the rest of the car it is just an A.

The biggest problem I see with the A's is a lack of understanding of how it was built and how to properly restore them. Sad as there is a ton of correct info if you just look. Personally I love getting to see the factory prints so I know I am building the chassis back to factory specs.

Quite frankly, if the driveline on the A if properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car. It will just run for decades if you follow the proper oiling and drive it regularly. The mechanical brakes will just keep working.
My 65 Mustang has needed more work on the brakes then my brothers 31. The A has been on the road since 1970 and the Mustang since 1973 in our family.

Worry less drive more. Learn about how Ford put it together, stay away from most modern fixes as they are more trouble then the factory set up.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote