View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Winnie theblue dog crashes my 28 Tourer
Well I wasboth proud and pleased with my restored 28 A model. It was advertised in theMelbourne newspaper by a local farmer in our area. Had been a paddock basheruntil it wasn’t even any good for that. 2K was the asking price and whilst Icouldn’t immediately put my hands on that money the farmer agreed he would keepit for me until I could come up with it. There was numerous enquiries fromMelbourne which was 200 miles south.
I had itwell restored costing twice it’s market value but I was pleased.
I had a dog,a blue healer cattle dog by the name of Winnie. Winnie had been my daughtersdog. Given to her as a puppy which outgrew its cuteness when it grew into aproper size hound. It was left with us, her parents, on a temporary permanentbasis. I have heard many stories aboutparents inheriting dogs from their kids.
It’s ourpolicy not to have dogs in the house or car. One exception is the Model A.Winnie would sit on the floor only and never miss an opportunity of going whereever it took her.
One thisparticular day, with the car running and parked in our yard, engine running with the driversdoor open ( and it’s always been my policy to close car doors) Winnie was not goingto miss this ride. Up she jumped and squeezed between the seat and the gearstick. The gear stick was pushed forward and almost without a crunch was inreverse. I saw this. The staff car chugging backwards and approaching a 3000gallon fuel tank. Well the expected occurred. Crunch. I hadn’t made it back tothe vehicle at that moment and here was the staff car held stationary withwheels rotating in the dirt.
I climbedin. Winnie gave me one of those dog smiles to display pleasure. I gave her apat. How could I be pissed with something she did not intend and had no idea ofmy panic and 7 second 100 yard dash.
Fortunatelydamage was minimal and the rear bumper bar had saved the day. She continued herchauffer driven rides and we still loved her.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)