View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
koates

Default Re: Bob drake waterpumps

Seems this question is always hijacked by supporters of Skip and Fryer. They are by all accounts excellent tradesmen, but the question was for a report on the repo/new production sealed roller bearing pumps supplied by Drake (and others) for the 21 stud on c/head 1933 - 36 ford V8. Now there are two types around for sale they being new production old type bronze bush with external greaser nipple just like original and the sealed roller bearing type. I believe the sealed roller bearing type supplied by various vendors are produced in china (please correct me if you know otherwise) and I and another friend here in AUSTRALIA have purchased four pairs from C&G and Macs and have them fitted with no problems at all. They run quiet, and cool very well so far. I guess the Drake pump is the same make as what we have. The impeller on these pumps is very similar to skips version but not exactly the same. Living outside the USA makes these pumps much more cost effective for us because of the shipping costs involved if we were to have originals rebuilt in the USA. Rest assured we will let everyone know if we have any failures with these pumps. We know how good Skip & H. Fryer pumps are so no need for anyone to tell us again about them, IS THERE !!! Best regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote