View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Bob drake waterpumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
John, Daryl Fryer rebuilds original pumps just like Skip. I don't know if he sells new ones or not.
Tom, Just looked at his ad in the May/June V-8 Times. Ad states..."Fryer's Early Ford Water Pumps, Guaranteed Cost Effective Reliability, The Finest in Show and Go Quality. New & Restored 1932 -53 Water Pumps. 1932-1936 pumps, New Castings, Pumps have pre-lubed sealed bearings and ceramic water seals. 1937-1948 pumps, modified with pre-lubed sealed bearings and ceramic water seals".
To me this ad implies that '32-'36 pumps are made with new castings.and sealed (ball?) bearings. Does not say he rebuilds these year pumps using original castings as cores. New castings would probably not have Ford part numbers. Also if sealed bearings are used there's no need for Zerk fittings. It doesn't sound to me like these pumps would be show field correct.

Addendum added 7/25/13 to my earlier post above...
I just got off the phone with Daryl Fryer discussing details on his '32-'36 water pump offerings:
1. He can and will rebuild your old original core pumps if this is what you prefer to have done, however, he prefers to sell his new pumps that have new castings that are correct for each year, right and left sides, as were used originally by Ford in production.
2. His new pumps are made with sealed double row ball bearings, ceramic seals, Zerk fittings as located in originals (even though not required w/sealed ball bearings) and the correct Ford part numbers as used in production by Ford.
3. Daryl ships the pumps you order for your inspection and approval before you make payment. This would include actually installing them on your car for a trial run.
With this information, I would say that Fryer's pumps would be show field correct.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 07-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote