View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 PM   #1195
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
I’ll share these with my kids and told Fifi I’d give her a couple. But she said she would put her credit card on her telephone. Well that’s all above my head and I don’t carry a telephone. I am not that important that I need to be contactable at all times plus I enjoy solitude.
The purpose of this story is to tell you or remind you that you can be skimmed with your credit card in your hand, wallet or handbag.

Why would she want to call her credit card??? Asked be an equally ignorant old-timer
Hi Jim. Many things today including banking, making purchases, money transfers, id, photography, listening to the radio etc etc can be done on the mobile telephone.
I use mine at times to make phone calls. I say at times because my mobile phone is frequently misplaced. And it’s difficult to find. I can’t locate it by calling it on my landline. The battery in my mobile is mostly flat.
Because you don’t know anything about these features you are not missing a thing. By using your brain and not an electronic personal thinking device you will be avoiding the potential early onset of Alzheimer’s.
The statements below are made by Einstein and Hawking respectively.
1. I fear the day that technology will pass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.
2. The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote