Thread: Assembly Manual
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #9
alt63bird

Default Re: Assembly Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56sedandelivery View Post
Is there such a thing as an assembly manual? My sedan delivery is torn down to a bare shell for body work and would like to know if there is a assembly manual I can follow putting it back together the correct way. Thanks. I have the body trim and sealant manual but does not cover what I am looking for.
If you have the reproduction of the Body/Trim/Sealant Manual, then you're probably aware that reproductions of the Electrical Assembly Manual were made - both were reprinted by Jim Osborne Reproductions in Georgia in the mid-'90s and should be available. Those are as close as you're going to get to an "assembly" manual. Ford did have engineering manuals for welding the body together that I've seen copies of in the Ford Industrial Archives in Dearborn, but I'm not aware that any have been reprinted.

Jim Osborne filled a big information hole by reprinting the Body/Trim/Sealer and Electrical Assembly manuals for mid-'50s and later Fords and T-birds, along with some engine assembly manuals, but apparently felt there wasn't much of a market for some of the other more engineering-related items. It well could be that engineering/assembly drawings for chassis/frame are in private hands that could be reproduced, but I'm not aware that any have surfaced.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
35+ year member, Crown Victoria Ass'n.
alt63bird is offline   Reply With Quote