View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 05:55 PM   #15
BOJP

Default Re: 1936 Ford V8 Service/Restoration Thread

I will be following your progress. I too recently bought a 36 4 door touring sedan. It runs great and is all original. I believe I am the 4th owner. I had a 38 Chevy Master for years and sold it over 10 years ago and have been looking for years to replace it. I am considering a couple of changes to my car as well. One would be converting to 12 volt from 6. The other is from the original mechanical brakes to Hydraulic. I understand the pros and cons of changeover of the 6 t 12 volt ( I mainly like the idea of recharging the battery and lights being better). However the expense of changing over the brake system to hydraulic seems like it could be cost prohibited. I am wondering if there is a kit out there that is made to accomplish the task or would I need to invest in a lot of parts and possible have to change the wheels. Since I would be adding a master cylinder, would it be better to split the system, which is what I did on my 38 Chevy with two master cylinders, so the car would have both front and back independent stopping power. Perhaps there is a shop in the Northern California area near Sacramento that does this kind of work.

Last edited by BOJP; 10-13-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Post pics
BOJP is offline   Reply With Quote