View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #36
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: How to prime the flatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Ford!! View Post
I just replaced my intake and I'm not getting the fuel to draw. I'm quite sure the fuel pump is on properly and the fuel line is not plugged. I blew air from the fuel line up front and there was definitely fuel in the tank. I blew air from the rear and I could not get any fuel to push thru. My next effort will be to add some fuel into the carb and get it to fire. How much can I add directly into the carb? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Are you saying you changed to a different intake manifold? If so, what did you change from and what did you change to? Some manifolds are higher than others where the fuel pump stand bolts on, requiring different length fuel pump push rods. You could have a situation where your fuel pump rod is too short to engage the fuel pump arm that makes the pump work.
Another possibility is when you installed the FP you may not have gotten the cup on the arm on top of the FP push rod.
In either case the FP will not work. Just some thoughts.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote