View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 01:41 PM   #28
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Fresh rebuilt 8BA Flathead

Looks like you do not have any sort of crankcase breathing system in it? I don't see the stock road-draft tube setup and I don't see a PCV . . . does it have one?

If you don't have a custom PCV setup, then you effectively don't have ANY effective crankcase breathing system in the engine. While it will run fine, what it won't do is pull water vapor and combustion gasses out of the engine . . . which is not a good situation for the long term. If it was mine, I'd modify it for a PCV setup - or go back to the road-draft tube setup.

Not trying to cause you any drama (that is a very nice looking engine) - just making sure you know about the need/value of a properly setup crankcase breathing system. Ford modified the earlier 24 stud system in 49 - to the later road-draft tube setup. It was a better setup than the earlier integral pan road-draft breather in the earlier engines - but a lot of guys removed them as they can be a bit ugly. BUT - they have a very important purpose that should not be overlooked . . .

Best of luck . . .
D
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote