View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #638
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Rick can Snore. Part4 is still coming.

I am wanting information from Rick to conclude this story. The problem is Rick. I can’t raise him on his phone. He carries a mobile and when he has finished an incoming call or a call he has initiated he fails to hangup. It gives the engaged signal for sometimes several days. You see Rick is not a tech savvy person. I’d hate to pay his phone bill because he will be charged for time on line when he has initiated the call.

In the interim.

What’s in today’s Newspaper.

Some of us buy a newspaper each day. We are addicted. If today’s paper is unavailable for any reason we will not want it tomorrow. We have what seems to be an insatiable appetite for current up to date happenings. Others of us don’t know nor do we care what is happening around us or around the world. Some of us get only what is available from the TV. We all are different aren’t we?

I look at the news paper on the internet. In Australia we have two major print companies. One is right wing with news more of national and international events and the other does cover some of this but is more local and trivial and quite left wing. Because I don’t subscribe to either I get the headlines and about 10 words pertaining to each article written. Mostly that is sufficient and if I need more information it is available from other internet souses including Yahoo and other search engines.

A woman named Marion once told me something about the news in a paper. Buy one each day, don’t read it, simply shelve it. Go back in 30 days and see what was important and then determine what value it represents to you. So much of the paper is padded with worthless junk and so many articles padded with unnecessary detail.

News is important to me but I don’t wish to sort through so much junk to get it. It is available without having to do this. Morning TV,in my opinion anyway is simply entertainment.

Do ask yourself, am I a news junkie. Could I be viewing more informative information. Only you have the answer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reading newspaper.JPG (62.1 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 07-20-2019 at 05:20 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote