View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 11:18 AM   #624
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Sequel to yesterday’s story.

This is a follow on from my story yesterday about taking the girls for a ride in the aeroplane. It’s a similar sort of setup.
You all know from my stories that alot of oil palm is grown in Malaysia and indeed Indonesia as well. This palm grows big bunches of oil seeds which yield palm oil. I don’t know at what age the tree becomes productive but each year these big bunches are cut, collected and milled. A worker cuts the bunch with a pruning saw where it is picked up by a man with a water buffalo pulling a sled cart and taken to a bush track nearby. A crew in an old Toyota truck comes by and picks up these big bunches of fruit and carts it to a crushing mill where it is crushed to extract the oil which is then transported to a wharf . A big oil carrying cargo ship takes it onboard and transports it off to market.
Now back to the harvest. As the tree grows higher the fruit harvester adds an extension to his saw handle and can cut from the highest trees. He is quite a skilled man.
One day when I had the girls all lined up to make this random winner choice (Eni Meeni Miney Moe) of who gets a ride in the aeroplane a very aged Indonesian harvester was on site and I included him in the draw. He won and he rode.
About an hour later I was in transit for home and became quite uncomfortable, I was itching down my back and soon all over. It took quite sometime to realise why. Lice. They became most intolerable so when I got back to our base this is what I did. Stripped and sprayed all my clothes with insecticide then myself in person. Placed all my clothing in the washing machine. Showered myself well and dressed. I returned to the aeroplane and gave the cabin a good spray out. End of lice and an uncomfortable afternoon.
Ever had body lice? It's not pleasant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg body lice.JPG (19.4 KB, 2 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote