View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 03:10 AM   #1000
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I met Walter Mitty.

On several occasions I had noticed a swaggie walk along the levee bank outside our house. I spoke to him and he was interesting. He was clean and tidy so I invited him in. His knowledge was current of national and world events. His name is Clifford but prefers Neil and his life story too was interesting and incredible in so far as travels and people he had met. World leaders, religious leaders, royalty and God. He spoke of an accident in his life and we figured much of this was in his mind. The man was not telling lies for he believed all this to be true happenings. No, I am not ridiculing him and would have him in my house again. He was courteous, respectful and well mannered. He was also well travelled and I have been enough places to know what he said was quite true. I learned from my neighbour he would appear at our local hotel and entertain everyone by playing the piano.
Neil would walk to Queensland, yes walk, when the weather here in the south turned cool and return when weather in Queensland became too hot as summer there approached. He was homeless and enjoyed his life.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote