View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 05:53 AM   #997
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Homeless people.

It used to be a family rule that we all eat at the dining table. Now our kids have all left home (baby is now mid-forties) Patsy and I slob out in the lounge to eat off a tray and watch TV. Quite slovenly isn’t it? I say TV but that is mostly trash and advertisements that is insulting to any person’s intelligence. So we watch YouTube (on our TV) instead where one has a large choice of content that appeals. In the morning we listen to internet radio and find what happed in the world during the past 24 hours or any one of many stations, sometimes those playing music only.
And at bedtime it's radio as well. And again it's most informative. World events and interesting commentaries. One station reads articles from major newspapers. It’s RPH or “reading for the print handy capped”. One such story was of a bloke named Lee Stinger who was homeless on New York streets delivering newspapers for a little money. He later became the editor and columnist for the paper “the street news”. His articles became popular and influential and sometimes printed in other papers, some very prominent. Local versions of “street news” started in some cities in other countries. He went on to write 4 books and the broadcast went on to say he became rather wealthy. He can be found in Wikipedia if you care to research the fellow.

Street people are not all dumb or druggies although Mr Stringer was a habitual crack user until he became important. I got that from Wikipedia and am not sure what drug crack is. Readers will probably know.

The next two stories are of the homeless and swagmen and blokes with huge imaginations.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote