View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 03:54 PM   #991
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I prepared this some 2 days ago in response to another thread and this morning I can't find that thread so here it is.-

Yes Richard, like you, I have difficulty in getting up when I am kneeling. But I don’t get down without knee pads. Two new hips improved my life but I don’t wish for any further rebuild; my knees.
Anyone who is experiencing hip difficulties it is my suggestion Get them replaced early and get the use from them. What a difference it has made to my life. I'd be in a wheel chair had I not.
You will see left and right are different joints. The joint on your right is a Birmingham joint, named for the location where it was invented. Johnson and Johnson copied it but ran into big trouble because the metal they used created major health problems including death. The joint on your left is more traditional. The surgeon wouldn't use Birmingham when the patient was Over 60 yo.
If you will be needing a hip replacement do have it early and get more years use from it. The recovery is not a walk in the park.

The xray shot didn't show.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hip 2.rtfd.zip (1.1 KB, 7 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 02-06-2021 at 02:13 AM.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote