View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #990
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Modernisation, is it always for the better?

My wife’s name is Patricia but she gets Patsy. She finds humour in the movies starring Chevy Chase and that bloke, whatever his name is, that featured in Dumb and Dumber. So I decided to show her what humour really was. I downloaded the movie “the secret life of Walter Mitty”. This starred Danny Kaye. Not only was it humorous but Kaye had talent unlike modern movie actors. Then I downloaded “the 5 pennies” then “The Inspector General”. She enjoyed them all. It bought back memories from the Saturday matinees in Gin Gin she watched when she was a kid.

My favourite music is from the 30’s and 40’s. The 50’s still okay but today has become mostly beat, non melody and without tune. Which modern artist has comparable class to that of Al Jolson, Bing Crosby or the Andrews Sisters? Or composers such as Cole Porter, Johann Strauss or George Gershwin and many many others of yesteryear? The answer is very few.

How about the agreeable and pleasing lines of the older motorcars? One in particular of course. Do new vehicles still have agreeable and pleasing lines? Only a very few. And the simplicity of the mechanics our Model A’s incorporated? The answer is none.

Another thing that has changed is people’s attitudes and behaviour. I included this but decided to delete it because this is not the forum to express such an opinion.

So my question is, has modernisation always been for the better?

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 01-31-2021 at 12:17 PM.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote