View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #12
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Thoughts on wiring a basic '32 hot rod

I used 100% stock wiring harnesses, including the headlight bulb setup, etc.. I did use the original bulb as I found it to be a superior piece to the repop ones. I am also using the stock starter switch - which has worked fine for the last 5 years. I wanted it as simple, clean and effective as possible. Now - would I like more fuses, sure . . . but that changes the whole setup and I didn't want to do that. The only modification I made was under the dash - where I rerouted the stock ignition wire (as it provides power through the stock resister to a coil). As I have a MAG, I just redid the wiring to have my ignition switch GROUND the mag - which kills it. Simple stuff - probably 20 minutes of work under the dash. Also, I had a stock 34 style generator reworked by Whitney to build a alternator based unit that looks almost 100% stock. It even has a cut-out on top and uses the same SINGLE wire that the stock generator used. It is a great setup and provides a lot more charging power than a generator - which I needed for my lights. I'm still running 6V positive ground - why? - because I like the sound of the stock starter! LOL
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote