View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #87
Ken/Alabama

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce in southern OH View Post
Ken/everyone, here are photos of the heater parts I have with car. Next I did order the grease seals today, will wait on them and then reassemble drums with bearings packed. I am going to leave lower adjustment star screw loose and test wheel cylinders before adjustment. If wheel cylinders work well I will adjust and try to drive car with stuck clutch, I am hoping it frees up.
heater parts that I have, came with car
Bruce, The heater blower shown at the bottom of the picture isnt for your car,I dont reconize what it fits but definatly not your Zephyr. The one in the top of the picture and the elbow with the silencer looks correct. The piece of flat curved steel with the large and small hole doesnt belong to the heater at all, it goes on top of the transmission over the shifter tower to serve as a support for the sponge seal that goes between it and the removeable transmission cover. The sponge seal isnt available for the Lincoln but I made one from buying two of the sponge seals for 37-39 Ford car part # 78-7012130 and using them. Included a picture of the metal ring and where it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0799.jpg (39.0 KB, 36 views)
Ken/Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote