View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #20
daddymikey1975

Default Re: To rebuild or not to rebuild - that is the question.

Lots of good advice here!

To clarify - the body is in mint or excellent condition with a few caveats.

Doors are off but sandblasted and ready for primer. One side of the hood is missing - the other is with the car and in great shape. One side fenders and running board are missing. Other is in great shape. Fender for rear spare tire and bracket are with the car and in decent shape.

Radiator is original but leaks a little.

Car has no interior and current owner put plywood down to have a floor for now. Dash is in the car with gauges, steering wheel etc. Lights all come with it and look original. Current owner has all new chrome pieces for interior still in plastic bags.

I'm aware that it'll take a few years and maybe ten grand or so to get it done enough to be a Sunday driver. We don't plan to enter in shows. Just for our own pleasure.

Fiancé = she can turn a wrench and we plan to make this a project to bond over. We're definitely not a new relationship. Lol

My plan is to get the car home and go through all the wheel ends (brakes and bearings) suspension and chassis to verify condition.

Then go through the engine and verohiw it runs and assess if it needs rebuilt or not. (same with the trans).

Once the chassis is in order and its able to be driven then start getting the rest of the body panels and have it painted. Then get the interior done.

Current owner is asking $5k or best offer. And he's 12 hours from me.

I'll post up pictures soon.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
daddymikey1975 is offline   Reply With Quote