View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #306
David J

Default Re: Please post pictures of 1933-1934's here

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
It was advertised here in the fall of 2010 [ not cheap ] and I was the first one to pull the trigger . I bought it from the son of the man that put it in that tiny garage right in the town of Sonora CA all those years ago . His dad had bought it for dirt cheap as he was 11 at the time .

Kirt [ son ] did not remember but the right rear tire was smoked to the cords and the left was almost new . Matching tires . Well the tranny was blown up with first gear and the cluster missing many teeth so someone was not nice to it . Didn't hurt the tranny case though and that was good as it matches the title and frame .

I do not know who sprayed the primer on it but it was not thick so it was easier to remove .

He [ Dad ] eventually bought a 1940 Ford so the 33 got stuck In that tiny garage and did not see daylight till Dec 2010 . In the gravesite pic notice how well the door was timbered and bolted shut . It took 3 guys a half hour to get it open including cutting down a couple trees . Kirt inherited the car in 2000 and when we pulled it out he said that was the first time he saw that car outside .

Kirt and his wife deserve honorable mention as I had paid some down but I still had two envelopes full of $100 bills that I gave to his wife when we started loading the car . She sat in their pickup and counted it and there were 2 $100 bills too many . SHE GAVE THEM BACK !!!!!! How many folks would do that nowdays ? He also gave me many spare parts with it . I have kept them up to speed on getting it back on the road [ spring 2011 ] and what has happened with it . GOOD PEOPLE and thanks again guys if you read this .

First pic is Kirt on the left and me on the right grinning like a buffoon .

Got to take some pics of one of the more famous 34 4d's in Verdi Nevada on the way . Lots of handling damage on it besides the MANY bullet holes but still a very interesting 34 . Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
david j, great car. thats the garage we all dream of finding, please tell the story, how did you find it, and why did the owner hide it all those years?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KGRIFF COUPE 2.jpg (101.7 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg 33 motor.jpg (83.0 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1878.jpg (65.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1879.jpg (67.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1881.jpg (56.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1882.jpg (58.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1892.jpg (56.0 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by David J; 01-02-2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add pics
David J is offline   Reply With Quote