View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
hardtimes

Default Re: How was Turlock this year(2019)?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McEachern View Post
Weather was great on Saturday- clear blue sky, temp was 60-65 deg. Sunday was foggy in the morning but burned off around 9:20-10:00. Large crowds on Saturday, parking lots all full by 9:00. Sunday, as usual very empty as ots of sellers pull out Saturday nght. All in all a good swap meet but the older stuff is getting replaced by later model parts and cars as it is all over.
Hey Dan,
I second your input and evaluation regarding Saturday !
It was nice to see you again and to talk 'shop'.
As usual, I used up about a third of the day talking to old acquaintances and made some good contacts with great information !
BTW Dan, the head pictured in my Avatar is the one we discussed..sans the 2" Rileys.

Regarding parts for our hobby, I concur with those who found them SCARCE at this venue...sad in my view.

So, after walking for many hours, I couldn't pass on a couple things that I did locate. Namely, a 2x2 original Thomas intake in excellent condition. And, a new unused alum crow foot flathead , 6.5 to 1 , I estimate. Don't need either, but youall know how that goes. Couple of other small parts gathered and I had used all daylight from dawn till dark. Couldn't take Sunday..worn out.

Only few model As for sale seen over entire property. The one that I wanted was unobtainum ($) priced. It was a 5 window '32 coupe in fairly poor overall condition. But the guy felt that it was worth a ton of $. Too bad , because it was a STOCK 4 banger and just what Ive been looking for !

After a loong hiatus from FAST membership, I am a 'new' member again.
Interesting to learn that that mag will only be produced for the 2019 year, by the current couple, who have done a fantastic job, but plan on handing off the publication tasks !

Last edited by hardtimes; 01-28-2019 at 05:10 PM. Reason: ................
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote