View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
TonyM

Default Re: 1937 Ford Fordor Survivor

A couple Fridays ago I was able to get the 1937 Ford Fuel Filler Neck to break loose from the fuel tank with a spanner. Took six months of Liquid Wrench and PB Blaster and cleaning the void between neck and tank. Could not get the the threaded sleeve to break loose of the fuel filler neck. So I cut it off.

I disconnected the exhaust brackets and I moved the tail pipe out of the way. Took the fuel tank bolts off--which were still safety wired to the frame-- then I slid the tank a few inches to the passenger side and it came out of the frame rails easy. The tank is in excellent shape on the inside. Couldn't believe it. Probably could have been used it as is. But how was I to know until I took a look? The sender looks to be in very good shape. I put it back on for now.

I am going to restore the tank with the POR15 kit. Should I treat the sender mechanism with anything? Or just leave it alone? How should I cover the sender hole when I use the solutions and sealer? I was thinking of making something. Any ideas?

Here are some recent photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6531.jpg (69.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6536.jpg (52.6 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6545.jpg (94.1 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6546.jpg (83.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6547.jpg (124.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6541.jpg (89.5 KB, 116 views)
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote