Thread: Hot Driver
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
kenparker

Default Re: Hot Driver

I have installed my own self built system in 3 model a's (2 fordors and one 31 coupe. The coupe is my regular driver and has been in and running for over 5 years now. I build my own brackets.

Cost of my three ran around $800 to $1000 for all tthe parts. Time consuming to build the brackets.
]The more insulation you put into the cabin the better the systems work. Especially the firewall.

Dont worry about the HP pull of the compressor on the engine. Probably less than 2 hp. At idle my engine makes no difference in rpm's when the compressor kicks in.

I also installed one of the Ken Davis kits in a friends fordor. The Ken Davis kit is complete with all the brackets, pre measured hoses, clamps, compressor, electricals, etc. Not to bad installation job, but the electrical diagrams/instructions that were sent were confusing. This could have changed .'cause this kit was installed three years ago. You will have to contact Ken Davis to get pricing.

I am currently designing a system larger more robust for my woody - see pix.

BTW dont mix up Ken Parker (me) with Ken Davis (the Ft.Worth A/C guy. We are both from Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10 26 2019 a.JPG (336.0 KB, 32 views)
kenparker is offline   Reply With Quote