View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #19
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 1930 Tudor Brake Light Switch Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat/Ohio View Post
I have been following this thread as I have what may be a brake switch or wiring problem with my 1930 Town Sedan (Briggs). I don't mean to hijack this thread. The brake switch is located outside the left frame rail. I don't have juice at either post on the switch. The wire coming into the switch (hot wire) comes from what source? I just bought this car and am new to Model A's. I haven't had a chance to trace the wire towards the hot source yet, just put it on the lift last evening.

I am assuming the hot wire is live all the time...the ignition switch doesn't need to be in the "on" position to check this?

Thanks in advance,
Pat
If your switch is located outside of your left frame rail it is not original. The wire originally came from the wire bundle at the end of the steering column and went to a switch mounted on the frame crossmember. One side of the switch (it doesn't matter which) should be hot at all times. As a temporary fix you should be able to pick up live voltage anywhere. Your assumption that the hot wire should be live all of the time is correct. There is a wiring diagram in the "Instruction Book" that originally came with the car. These books are available from most suppliers for about $10. Be sure to get the one closest to when your car was manufactured.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 10-28-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote