View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Front one piece seal 8ba

The one piece seal is being set in a location that was never intended to be perfectly round the front cover is machined round however the stamping of the oil pan is not a perfectly round shape. When those two groves are placed on the block with the gasket for the oil pan included you now have a more oval shape than round shape. Since the two pieces of rope type seal material were able to conform to these outer surface variations it was not an issue. When you install a one piece front seal the outer surface situation will need some type of sealer. But if your putting this type of seal on the Ford reverse spiral grove I would think this grove will damage the seal. However the seal would work well if the seal surface on the crank shaft is smooth. From what I know when installed correctly the original design Ford type seals will work perfectly for many thousands of miles and at well over 200 MPH
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote