View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #17
Keith True

Default Re: Membership dropping, interest too???

I got an A when I was 12,(still have it)and have only known a handful of people involved in clubs.At the ground level,or where I am,there is a lot of interest in the A's,but no desire to be part of a formal organization.It used to be a good way to meet and hang around with other like minded people,but that is easier now by just sitting in front of the screen.I have zero interest in driving around as a group,same thing with shows.I like to go to some,but not to compete.I was actually in my early 20's when I was soured on the Model A clubs by the older members.I did belong to both MAFCA and MARC,but I dropped them years ago.I am not a clubby type person,there was just no reason for me to belong.If I belonged to a club for everything I play with,it would be more than a full time job.Antique tractors and equipment,old VW's,Studebakers,old guns,antique and modern motorcycles,old garage equipment,signs,toys,etc.I've met some A people that meet informally,nice bunch of people,but they meet for coffee on Friday mornings.
Keith True is online now   Reply With Quote