View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #11
TerryH

Default Re: Standard Interior in a 30 Town Sedan?

I have a 1930 Town Sedan that I have owned for over 13 years now, and it was painted in Copra Chicle and Copra Drab. From what I have seen over the years is many variations of those colors, but I have never seen one as grey as this. I am attaching a photo of mine for reference, but others have differing shades of color. My mohair interior is also brown, along with the wood grained window garnishes and dash rail. Note also that the Town Sedans had pin stripping around the tops of the doors, along the beltline, and also on the perimeter of the gas tank inside the car. Also, the exterior window reveals are painted the lighter body color. So this car is missing some of the interior pieces, some are not correctly finished, and the exterior does not look like true Chicle and Drab, nor is it striped correctly.
However, it does look quite nice, and appears to be nicely done. Having good wood and properly aligned and closing doors is a big deal. The Town Sedans are very comfortable for a Model A, and are great driving or touring cars, and I happen to like their looks. You haven’t mentioned the mechanicals much....have you driven the car? Has he shown you invoices for all the work done, or did he do it himself? A good radiator, properly functioning brakes, freshly re-built engine, and a clean gas tank should all be there for that money, as well as good transmission and rear end. The various issues aren’t necessarily deal breakers, unless they matter to you, or will bother you not being correct for a Town Sedan. But I would suggest that you be given some discount as it’s not really correct either.....please feel to message me if I can be of further help or if you want to discuss more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E59D669C-2D31-415E-A1EC-353201AB1B52.jpg (79.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by TerryH; 07-18-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Comments
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote