View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #30
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Mikesspeedshop NC-Shock Rebuilder BEWARE

There are a couple things I know about what I don't know! I would have no clue, in physically looking at a Houdaille shock if it was suitable for rebuilding or a paper weight! And with my limited budget, I would do a lot of research and asking questions on this forum and others and web searches to arrive at finding a high quality rebuilder or place to purchase rebuilt shocks! I got on the web today, and did a lot of searching, and what I found is Ford Barn bad comments about MikesSpeedshop, no info directing me to MikesSpeedshop, but a host of rebuilders such as one (Apple in NY) that have web pages that tell you what to expect in cost and rebuilding and what can be accepted as a core and what is not acceptable. If I had a shock that needed evaluation, right now, there is only one way I personally could do it. Send it to a repair vendor that has a decent reputation and pay the price for quality. (and be able to accept feedback on condition of my core) If I don't personally know the condition, I am stuck with being told!)
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote