View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #19
early28

Default Re: 1964 Fairlane disc brakes

I really appreciate the replies to my dilemma. Everything that has been suggested has been reviewed and gone over on the car. The combination valve in question does not have a metering valve on the front brake side as I was told. It is a pressure differential valve. These were used on other car also and were made by Weatherhead and had an 11/16" nut on the front or by Kelsey-Hayes which had a 3/4" nut. This is the conclusion I have come to: The free play in the MC push rod is to much and should be set to between .030 - .0625 inches. The big thing I have to figure out is the pressure differential valve. The photo I posted shows the front portion of the valve as being all connected (which they are) but, not like the photo shows. I was told that all three connections were interchangeable. As turned out they are not. Photo 1 of this valve shows the top connection as the inlet from the MC. Another photo (2) shows the front connection being from the master cylinder. I took the interchangeable connections as gospel and made the front connection as the inlet. The way I'm looking at this is that going this direction the fluid will have to be overly (for lack of a better word) forced through the valve the wrong way. Now whether these changes will cure my problem or not will be determined this week end. The sad thing is California Pony Cars call the valve a Disc & Drum Proportioning Valve. Muscle Car Research LLC call it a 1970 - 1976 Mopar Combination Valve. Go figure!! Does anyone have the part number for the The 1967 Dual Reservoir MC (power or manual)? Thanks to all. I really appreciate it. God Bless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valve1.jpg (18.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg valve2.jpg (29.1 KB, 18 views)
early28 is offline   Reply With Quote