View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #7
Nickpohlaandp

Default Re: My "new" '27 Model T Sedan... what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jelf View Post
Sorry, I'm not like-minded. While I'm not a total purist, I do hate to see a good, complete car chopped up when there are lots of parts available for hot rod projects. I do think your estimate of possibly getting 13 or 14 grand for it is pretty optimistic. It would have to be a super-duper restoration to bring that kind of dough. There are so many Model T's that they often don't bring the prices people expect.
I understand that it'd have to be an immaculate restoration to bring that much. I'm not arguing that at all. It has been my childhood dream to have a chopped Sedan though, and this is what I found for a very fair price. That's also why I'm going to offer it up for trade on any other early Sedan body if someone has one already chopped or cut in any way. I'm going to give the car an opportunity to be restored, but not by me. Hopefully, once I get a chance to get it cleaned up and get a bunch of pictures, I'll post it up all over and I'll find someone to do a trade with. If not, it gets the chop. You gotta work with what you have.