Thread: Gas 10% ethanol
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #56
rotorwrench

Default Re: Gas 10% ethanol

I can't defend what the government does but I will defend the farmer since I was raised by one and worked on the farm when I was kid. What a farmer grows depends on the rainfall in their region or whether they can irrigate or not. Farms aren't springing up out of nowhere. As a matter of fact there is less farm land now than there was 20 years ago due to population growth and housing developments. We grow the same amount of corn now as we did back in 1975 on our family farm properties. Only a small part of it is irrigated and it cost a lot to irrigate. That's the only property we can produce corn from.

I don't think a person will worry about what they run there car on when the availability of gasoline is depleted. There may be no other choices. If the world ever has another major war mobilization, the existing fuel supplies will be drained to the point of non existence for personal use. The USA won't be able to grow enough crops to supply enough ethanol either. Something else will be needed if it ever gets that bad. Just hope & pray it doesn't.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote